Trying to find better insurance prices for a Jeep Patriot in Ohio can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for your Jeep and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Columbus agents.
It’s a great practice to compare prices before your next renewal since prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Jeep Patriot insurance in Columbus at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Best Jeep Patriot insurance prices in Ohio
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Columbus, OH. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Jeep Patriot insurance rates and statistics
The rate information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Jeep Patriot models. Having knowledge of how rates are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$106||$192||$238||$14||$72||$622||$52|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$106||$192||$238||$14||$72||$622||$52|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$122||$234||$238||$14||$72||$680||$57|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$122||$234||$238||$14||$72||$680||$57|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can alter rates considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Jeep Patriot insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Patriot can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Patriot insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Patriot insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including FullPay discount, senior citizen, anti-lock brakes, good payer, teenSMART discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, good student, family plan, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Columbus, click here to view.
The Jeep Patriot Insurance Price Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Your employer can affect premiums – Occupations such as fire fighters, police officers, and accountants are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as professors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Annual miles impacts premiums – The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated Patriot can cost quite a bit.
Liability protection safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Don’t let your policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Raising physical damage deductibles lowers costs – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Jeep Patriot claim data – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the loss history for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD||80||139||65||123||121||140|
|Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD||73||121||67||98||100||111|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is GAP insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Columbus auto insurance agent
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Columbus that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Columbus for you
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agencies in Columbus that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Felix Quachey
1100 Morse Rd Ste 301 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 536-0237 – View Map
- Buddy White – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 S Hamilton Rd – Columbus, OH 43227 – (614) 864-1050 – View Map
- Jack Gilkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4232 E Main St – Whitehall, OH 43213 – (614) 237-4256 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Columbus who can help you get rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Agency – Pickerington
12927 Stonecreek Dr – Pickerington, OH 43147 – (614) 866-6060 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Darnell Jackson Agency
2690 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-5413 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 249-2141 – View Map
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Columbus can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Columbus agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Jeep Patriot insurance in Columbus. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Columbus auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to find low-cost rates for Jeep Patriot insurance in Columbus
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Columbus is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Columbus. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)