Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Columbus is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Regrettably, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Ohio being $1,340, drivers could save $729 each year, but they think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Best companies for low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Ohio
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Niro insurance in Columbus with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, type of vehicle, professional/association, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, federal employee, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple autos, multiple policy, good student, driver's education, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Columbus. To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Columbus, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Columbus may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Columbus who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus that are able to give rate quotes.
Ted Briggs - State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 Petzinger Rd L - Columbus, OH 43209 - (614) 235-6667 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Columbus should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What companies can they write with?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just read some good ideas how you can save on Kia Niro insurance in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Columbus car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Columbus is possible online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Ohio can be read at these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)