Nobody that owns a car likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the prices are way too high.
It's shocking but most drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Ohio being $1,340, drivers could save up to $730 every year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
How to buy low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus
The preferred way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Columbus. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional tips to get better rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Columbus. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Columbus is really quite easy. Virtually every driver who requires lower cost auto insurance will more than likely buy a cheaper policy. Although Ohio consumers must comprehend how companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if you have a valid license, if a SR-22 is needed, your job, and the ages of drivers. The data is then submitted to insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Don't neglect these discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- E-sign Discounts - A few car insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on IS 250 insurance in Columbus.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Organization Discounts - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can qualify you for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below compares Lexus IS 250 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, multi-car, alternative fuel, distant student, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, multi-policy, online shopper, claim free, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Columbus. To see car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Lexus IS 250 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are figured can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$316||$196||$12||$58||$738||$62|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$174||$316||$196||$12||$58||$756||$63|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$174||$316||$232||$14||$70||$806||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates significantly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
One of the more difficult decisions when buying insurance is how high should your deductibles be. The data tables below help summarize the differences in premium rates of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first table uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$478||$192||$12||$58||$985||$82|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$246||$478||$192||$12||$58||$1,011||$84|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$246||$478||$226||$14||$68||$1,057||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$324||$192||$12||$58||$746||$62|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$180||$324||$192||$12||$58||$766||$64|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$180||$324||$226||$14||$68||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Based on the above data, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $20 more each month or $240 every year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go at least 20 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you elect the higher deductible. Here is an example of how this determination is made.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$85|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $65|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$20|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $20|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||20 months|
One thing to note is that raising deductibles to get cheaper rates means you pay more out-of-pocket when you do file a claim. You should have access to more funds in the event you have to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lexus IS 250 annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Lexus IS 250 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Columbus who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long have they been in business?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbus?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Columbus that may be able to provide rate quotes for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbus?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rates.
Is your car built for speed? - The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus IS 250 rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Liability - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Annual miles impacts costs - The higher the miles on your Lexus in a year's time the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your IS 250 may be wasting your money.
Rates increase with driving citations - Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents drive up Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Lexus has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Most major insurance companies apply better rates for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Teen drivers pay more - Youthful drivers in Ohio have been known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Pay more out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Lexus. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Loss probability for a Lexus IS 250 - Insurers use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD||179||103||177||116||146||115|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD||177||87||186||118|
|Lexus IS 250 Convertible||135||80||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is not optional
Even though Columbus IS 250 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence pays off
As you quote Columbus auto insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to quoting cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance in Columbus is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)