A recent survey discovered that most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Columbus insurance shoppers could save up to 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Columbus.
- First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Companies offering Lexus LFA insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lexus LFA insurance in Columbus?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbus car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to look at driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance may include discounts for good student, Switch & Save, multi-policy, renters, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, newly married, new vehicle discount, good student, new graduate, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, teen driver, student away at school, paid in full, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, and safe driver.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, seat belt use, membership and employees, federal employee, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply everywhere. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Columbus, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Neighborhood Columbus auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Columbus, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a local Columbus insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Columbus are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Columbus exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbus who can help you get price quotes.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Budget-conscious Lexus LFA insurance is available online in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Lexus LFA insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Columbus car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio can be read on the following sites:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)