Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive car insurance can consume your budget and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing price quotes can help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who rate shop once a year will probably switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for Lincoln MKC insurance is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
Steps to buying cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus
The most effective way to get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Columbus. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Columbus. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Since people have many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Lincoln MKC in Columbus, it can be challenging to pick the lowest price insurance company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Columbus is really quite easy. Practically everyone who is looking for a better price on auto insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. But Ohio consumers should learn how big insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Where can I get affordable Columbus Lincoln MKC insurance?
To get cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare prices from different companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a local agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKC insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
How Your MKC Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The items below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
Lower prices with continuous car insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department.
Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Traffic violations drive up costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Annual miles impacts rates – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated MKC may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Guys pay higher prices – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders have auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Lincoln MKC insurance loss probability – Companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Find affordable rates by comparing often
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus is definitely available from both online companies and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Columbus auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
How to find low-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Columbus is to compare prices annually from companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Columbus. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)