It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $850 each year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Columbus is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
The most effective way to save money on Mazda CX-7 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Columbus. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on CX-7 insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Mazda CX-7 insurance in Columbus is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like if you are currently licensed, any included safety features, how many miles driven, and if you went to college. The rating information is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To check Mazda CX-7 insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
These discounts can lower Mazda CX-7 insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Club Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Mazda CX-7 insurance in Columbus.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Mazda CX-7 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, air bags, federal employee, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Insurance coverage details
The premium information displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are determined can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$212||$398||$296||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$212||$398||$296||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$236||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,108||$92|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$236||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices considerably.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Columbus car insurance agent
A lot of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Columbus.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Columbus that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
How Insurers Calculate Mazda CX-7 Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Mazda CX-7 scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Are you male or female? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-7 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of car insurance companies afford lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Small claims can cost you – Companies in Ohio generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Three reasons to insure your CX-7
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
Discount Mazda CX-7 insurance in Columbus can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, so you need to shop Columbus auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Columbus. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mazda CX-7 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)