If you're searching for lower-cost insurance online, are you confused by the dozens of insurance companies available to you? Many other people are as well. There are so many choices that it can quickly become hard work to compare premium rates on Pontiac GTO insurance. Columbus is a great place to live, but high insurance rates makes it impossible to meet other financial obligations.
How to quote cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide auto insurance in Columbus. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Find a Columbus insurance agent
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once received, store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who get price quotes annually will probably buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus is your objective, then learning a little about how to compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage every six months since prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus at a better price.
Most of the larger companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus is quite simple because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. After you submit the form the quote system orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to do this if you want to find a better rate.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Columbus
Companies don't necessarily list every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Columbus car insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Sign Early and Save - Some car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current GTO insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in Columbus. For a list of car insurance companies with the best discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Columbus, paying for car insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GTO has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Columbus car insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Columbus.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Columbus who will give you bids to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Columbus that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance - Nick Miller and Assoc Ins Agency Inc
6834 Caine Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 889-0701 - View Map
- Soller Insurance Agency
891 S James Rd - Columbus, OH 43227 - (614) 235-2815 - View Map
- Associated Insurance Agency - Pickerington
12927 Stonecreek Dr - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 866-6060 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Columbus who can help you get rate quotes.
- Wendy Sams - State Farm Insurance Agent
9039 Antares Ave, Ste D-1A - Columbus, OH 43240 - (614) 985-6123 - View Map
- Bud Kulp - State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 Bethel Rd - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 459-2424 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Dews
114 Norton Rd - Columbus, OH 43228 - (614) 878-9720 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How are they compensated?