It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who compare other rates will most likely switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly Pontiac Solstice insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Columbus. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Solstice insurance. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Ohio
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance policy discounts for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Columbus
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Columbus could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Columbus car insurance with a few insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Columbus. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help determine car insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Car insurance liability limits – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Pontiac scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Marriage can lower prices – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- No policy lapses lowers prices – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Ohio department of motor vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Pontiac Solstice?
- What if I total my Pontiac Solstice and owe more than it’s worth?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Getting quotes from local Columbus insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Columbus.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbus who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a local Columbus insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Columbus agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both handle insurance, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agents in Columbus that may be able to give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance – Nick Miller and Assoc Ins Agency Inc
6834 Caine Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 889-0701 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Columbus that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Yelena Uchiteleva Agency LLC
233 S Hamilton Rd – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-1702 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Columbus?
Insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Columbus can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Columbus, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)