Want to save money and find cheaper Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus? Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can deplete your savings account and require stricter spending habits. Comparison shopping can be a smart way to make ends meet.
Amazingly, almost 70% of insureds in Ohio have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save themselves about 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates online. Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the absolute best rate on Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to physically go to different agent offices. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the advice and guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance in Ohio serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Columbus, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Saturn but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Saturn gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some companies provide lower prices to clients who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Saturn L300 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
Responsible credit scores equal low prices – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Saturn L300 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Ohio give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some must be asked for before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the web.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Allstate has discounts for EZ pay plan discount, senior citizen, utility vehicle, early signing, passive restraint, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driving, easy pay, multi-policy, accident-free, and family plan.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
If you want cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Columbus. To choose companies who offer cheap Saturn L300 insurance quotes in Ohio, click here to view.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Columbus.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are Columbus independent insurance agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Columbus who can help you get rate quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you receive good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can always cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Affordable car insurance is out there
Affordable Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Saturn L300 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Columbus auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to saving money on Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus
The recommended way to get low-cost Saturn L300 insurance in Columbus is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Ohio.
- First, read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
More information is available at these links:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)