It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Columbus.
First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on C-Max Energi insurance in Columbus. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this strategy. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Columbus is actually quite simple. But Ohio car owners do need to understand the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Columbus insurance companies. The recommended way to lower the rate you pay for insurance consists of shopping online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to actually drive to different agent offices. Comparing Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Not every company allows you to get Columbus C-Max Energi insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Columbus
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Columbus car insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Columbus that can provide free Columbus car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you are wanting to find a local Columbus insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Columbus are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Columbus exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Columbus that are able to give comparison quotes.
How Insurance Providers Determine Ford C-Max Energi Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Careless drivers pay higher costs – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having a single driving citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Cheaper prices with safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Job stress can make you pay more – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as judges, executives, and medical professionals have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Ford in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your C-Max Energi may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
What type of car do you drive? – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Married drivers get cheaper prices – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Only buy extra coverages you need – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Three good reasons to insure your C-Max Energi
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Columbus, insurance is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your C-Max Energi, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Columbus is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so you need to shop Columbus car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)