How many times have you said it’s time to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Mercury Marauder insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages on a Mercury and obtain the best price possible either online or from Columbus insurance agents.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. This article’s goal is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners just need to know the most effective way to compare rates over the internet.
Finding a better price on insurance can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to take time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Mercury Marauder insurance discounts in Columbus
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Marauder insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Marauder is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, good student, multi-car, youthful driver, teen driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, multi-car, exclusive group savings, safety features, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find low cost Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state.
Local Columbus car insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Columbus who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Columbus should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Columbus may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Columbus exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Danny Hilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b – Columbus, OH 43231 – (614) 475-8808 – View Map
- Debbie Montgomery – State Farm Insurance Agent
1880 Schrock Rd – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 890-2886 – View Map
- Ray Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
7846 Olentangy River Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 846-2886 – View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Columbus who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Danduran and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.
1827 O Brien Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 777-8200 – View Map
- Augustine Insurance Agency
3851 N High St – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 267-1973 – View Map
- Pfeifer-Ornstein Insurance Agency
3291 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-7050 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Mercury Marauder?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Mercury Marauder Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a good credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Mercury Marauder by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Does car insurance cost more for guys? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- How much liability protection – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Ohio have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Job and insurance rates – Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers, and emergency personnel have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Auto insurance is not optional in Ohio
Even though Columbus Marauder insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Mercury and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Cheaper insurance in Columbus can be purchased both online and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Mercury Marauder insurance in Columbus
The recommended way to get more affordable Mercury Marauder insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Columbus. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)