If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Audi A5 insurance in Columbus is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who compare other prices are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Columbus is your intention, learning how to shop for auto insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Finding quotes for the lowest cost protection in Columbus is actually quite simple. Although Ohio consumers must learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Paperwork-free – Some auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 annual premium costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, mature driver, business and professional, switch companies, alternative fuel, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in your area. To view auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Ohio auto insurance companies. The best method to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that quoting more increases your odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information shown below outlines different rate quotes for Audi A5 models. Having a good understanding how policy premiums are formulated can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$332||$218||$12||$66||$782||$65|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$332||$218||$12||$66||$782||$65|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$376||$218||$12||$66||$826||$69|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$376||$218||$12||$66||$826||$69|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$376||$218||$12||$66||$826||$69|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$154||$376||$256||$16||$76||$878||$73|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$154||$376||$256||$16||$76||$878||$73|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$376||$218||$12||$66||$842||$70|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$170||$376||$256||$16||$76||$894||$75|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$170||$376||$256||$16||$76||$894||$75|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$420||$218||$12||$66||$886||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Columbus location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
Save Money with These Tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Only buy add-on coverages you need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Drivers with excellent credit save on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Audi A5 by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
More policies can equal more savings – The majority of insurance companies give lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
How much liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Prices for guys may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. They both are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Audi A5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Audi A5 premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss statistics an Audi A5 – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine prices. Models that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A5 2dr 4WD||196||92||140||73||83||100|
|Audi A5 Convertible 4WD||147||73||140||56|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Columbus who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because prices are sent directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The difference between Columbus car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Columbus that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Central Ohio Insurance Services, Inc
1205 Hill Rd N – Pickerington, OH 43147 – (614) 861-3100 – View Map
- Soller Insurance Agency
891 S James Rd – Columbus, OH 43227 – (614) 235-2815 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Darnell Jackson Agency
2690 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-5413 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Columbus who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Vic Jimenez – State Farm Insurance Agent
35 N Wilson Rd – Columbus, OH 43204 – (614) 272-5456 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Yelena Uchiteleva Agency LLC
233 S Hamilton Rd – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-1702 – View Map
- Nikki Ogunduyile – State Farm Insurance Agent
20 S 3rd St #210 – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 274-7130 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Columbus will have answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
After receiving acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your coverage at any point so don’t think you are locked into any particular company for the full term.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A5 insurance, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your A5 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Audi A5 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Columbus auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Cheap Audi A5 insurance in Columbus can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, high prices and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)