It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing the best ways to shop for coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to get discount Tesla Model S insurance in Columbus is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Ohio. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Comparing quotes for the most affordable protection in Columbus can be fairly easy. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most effective way to shop for auto insurance from many companies at once.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Tesla Model S insurance in Columbus doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the system gets reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Tesla Model S insurance in Columbus makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Columbus car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Columbus car insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Model S insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Columbus car insurance quotes online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, federal employee, good student, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
Check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in Columbus. To view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Columbus, click here to view.
Seven Tips to Get More Affordable Columbus Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Model S is just wasting money.
Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
High deductibles reduce prices – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
More performance means higher prices – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
More policies can equal more savings – Most larger companies will give discounts to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Tesla Model S insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate premium prices. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years