It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on Tesla Model X insurance in Columbus is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Columbus. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like careless driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cheap Columbus auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Model X can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Columbus, click here.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Columbus.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Columbus?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Columbus who may provide price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Columbus that can give you price quote information.
Howard Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
1395 E Dublin Granville Rd #201 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 431-8192 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbus?
More comparisons equals cheap rates
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for Tesla Model X insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)