Want to learn how to find the cheapest insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Toyota Yaris insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Toyota and locate the lowest possible price from Columbus insurance agents and online providers.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Toyota Yaris models. Having a better understanding of how rates are formulated is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$146||$334||$334||$20||$100||$934||$78|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$146||$334||$296||$18||$88||$882||$74|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$334||$296||$18||$88||$882||$74|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$168||$334||$334||$20||$100||$956||$80|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$168||$334||$296||$18||$88||$904||$75|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$334||$296||$18||$88||$904||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can change Toyota Yaris premium costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to delete full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Yaris settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Yaris insurance, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Yaris, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine rates.
Gender matters - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Get hitched and pay lower costs - Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Toyota from damage. Some coverage claims would be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
More performance means more cost - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data uses these assumptions: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Yaris rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Liability preserves assets - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Cut auto insurance rates and deter theft - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft.
- Don't buy extra policy coverages you don't need - There are a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Yaris policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
Careless drivers pay higher costs - Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Toyota Yaris insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Yaris claim data - Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Yaris vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Toyota Yaris Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Yaris 94 88 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Yaris to commute?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing about your coverage
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance in Columbus can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Columbus agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to buy lower priced Toyota Yaris insurance in Columbus
The preferred way to get low-cost Toyota Yaris insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Columbus.
- Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Yaris coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Don't forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)